A CHINESE CREATION.
Get Smart: China created / allowed North Korea to be our enemy. China has used it to hogtie America for decades. Why? Because China benefits from it – all at no cost to China. China has had the best of both worlds from North Korea: it ties up America military might and bleeds American wealth and gets:
* China forced America’s military might to be devoted to North Korea; leaving China free to develop its own military might to rival America in Asia.
* China now gets a free hand to develop military resources in the South China Sea while America is tied up protecting South Korea, Japan and now the U.S. against North Korea.
* China gets to trade, unfairly, with the U.S. going along with it – hoping that China will help on North Korea.
* China gets to wipe our plate with the greatest transfer of jobs and wealth in the shortest period of time from one country to another that the world has ever known.
* China gets to stick a very costly North Korean thorn in our side and in the heart of our friends and allies, South Korea and Japan.
* it diverts the U.S. to concentrate on North Korea and looking out for our friends and allies, instead of dealing with the real problems that exist with China.
TAKE PRESIDENT KENNEDY’S WORD: FAILING TO REMOVE MISSILES FROM NORTH KOREA – IS AN IMPEACHABLE OFFENSE.
North Korea’s missile program must be stopped – now – before they are operational. North Korea’s atomic bomb warhead programs must be stopped – now – before they are operational.
Heed President Kennedy – and brother Attorney General Kennedy in the Cuban Missile Crisis:
“ President Kennedy: It looks really mean [big strong U.S. against little bitty Cuba], doesn’t it? But on the other hand, there wasn’t any choice.
“ Robert Kennedy, referring to the blockade: Well, there isn’t. I mean (if you hadn’t), you would have been impeached.
“ President Kennedy: Well, I think I would have been impeached.”
( L.A. Times, “And Now, All the Presidents’ Words”, quoting (“The Kennedy Tapes,” by May & Zelikow (Harvard University Press), http://articles.latimes.com/1997/oct/17/news/ls-43562 )
PART OF THE SOLUTION: EMBARGO NORTH KOREA.
President Kennedy was cautious and imposed an exclusion and embargo on Cuba and the Soviets. He took it as a step prior to a military strike. It offered the possibility of a negotiation – which occurred. It points the way to a negotiation that means something with North Korea.
When they have the ability to annihilate the West Coast, we have nothing to negotiate with.
PART OF THE SOLUTION: TRADING WITH THE ENEMY ACT & INTERNATIONAL EMERGENCY ECONOMIC ACT – APPLIED TO CHINA
It’s time to make China bear the cost of this deceitful game they are playing with us. Like any good magician, China diverts our eyes from this ball, by “joining” us in “protesting” against North Korean behaviour – while being the sole support of the bully. It must be made more costly for China to allow this North Korean badman / madman game, than the benefits it reaps from it.
Sanction China and use / interpret the Trading With The Enemy Act and/or International Emergency Economic Act. North Korea is our enemy. China trades with our enemy, our enemy survives only because China trades with it. More importantly, North Korea behaves the way it does, because it doesn’t suffer from it. It doesn’t suffer from it because China continues to support / sustain it. And, it doesn’t suffer, because all the countries it bullies pay tribute to it.
Make China pay the costs of North Korean badman / madman behavior. Those costs are (at the least) the military costs associated with our security guarantees and defense treaties with South Korea and Japan. Surcharge all imports from China to cover these costs.
China has learned how to have all of America’s cake and eat it too.
It’s high time to get China to stop it and embargo North Korea !